“My family loves pasta, but often the sauces are loaded with calories, so I came up with this. The soup, milk and cheese are much lighter, yet taste just as rich. I make it often on busy days and it's always a hit.” Debbie Maier - Lynden, Washington
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the chicken, onion and mushrooms in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Drain fettuccine; stir in the soup, milk and reserved chicken mixture. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p26
Reviews for Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review