- 4 cups uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Additional grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the chicken, cheese, basil, pepper and salt; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture. Heat through. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Bow Tie Alfredo
Sort By :
"Love it!! I always add extra garlic!"
"the 40 minute time is a bit optimistic, it assumes you have a pot of water boiled already for the pasta the chicken is already cooked. I wish recipes would assume I am starting from uncooked stuff, so the times are more realistic. It's a very good dish, even with regular parmesan cheese and reheats very well for leftovers."
"Delicious and easy! My entire family loved it!"
"This was simple and fast to make and tasted delicious. My husband and I both loved it!"