Guests will love this hearty pizza from Kristin McPherson of Moultrie, Georgia that’s loaded with toppings and flavor. Serving picky eaters? It can easily be made to order.
- 1 envelope zesty herb marinade mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded pizza cheese blend
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons salad dressing mix, water, vinegar and oil. (Save remaining marinade mix for another use).
- Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Cool. Cube chicken and set aside.
- Place bread shell crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread with Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, 1/2 cup pizza blend cheese, green pepper, onion, mushrooms, cubed chicken and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as Chicken Alfredo Pizza in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p14
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review