Bright broccoli, zucchini and sweet red pepper lend fresh taste to this rich chicken and pasta entree. Cream cheese makes the smooth sauce a snap to stir up. —Jody Stewart, Goldsboro, North Carolina
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 6 ounces cooked fettuccine
- In a large skillet over low heat, melt cream cheese and butter; stir until smooth. Add the milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the chicken, broccoli, zucchini and red pepper. Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Reduce heat; cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Serve with fettuccine. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Alfredo in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p43
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review