- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 3 medium)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add zucchini and onion; cook and stir until tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and seasonings until blended. Stir in cheese and zucchini mixture. Spread mustard over pastry shell; add filling.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and crust is golden brown. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Zucchini Quiche
Sort By :
"Love this quiche. The mustard gives it a little zing. Have made it a few times and get rave reviews every time!"
"GREAT recipe. Will definitely be making this again. I loved the blend of spices in this."
"We love zucchini so this was a special treat. I threw in some bacon bits for my carnivores and it turned out to be delicious! Love the mustard on the crust. Quick & easy to make."
"A very tasty quiche. Although I didn't use a pie crust, I spread the mustard on a pam sprayed 9" pie plate. I added a couple of sauteed mushrooms and as I didn't have mozzarella cheese on hand, used monterey jack, the rest of the recipe as is! It is easy to make and we loved it. A keeper for sure."
"Surprisingly so good! We were impressed. Followed the recipe to a t and it turned out excellent."