Cheesy Zucchini Quiche Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 3 medium)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add zucchini and onion; cook and stir until tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and seasonings until blended. Stir in cheese and zucchini mixture. Spread mustard over pastry shell; add filling.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and crust is golden brown. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Zucchini Quiche
Sort By :
"Excellent recipe. My whole family loves it."
"Excellent! Made this tonight exactly as written but doubled everything for two quiches. Everyone loved it! This will be part of our rotation. Will try with different cheeses as well as low fat cheese. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Easy to make and everyone loved it!"
"I love this recipe...made it twice and I will be making it for Thanksgiving for all the people who don't eat meat....I froze the zucchini in the summer and that helps to economize this dish.....thanks for sharing..."
"Believe it or not my zucchini plant died so me with no mass of zucchini ... so I used yellow squash. DELICIOUS!! I've made 3xs and always make 2 so I can freeze one."