- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 3 medium)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add zucchini and onion; cook and stir until tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and seasonings until blended. Stir in cheese and zucchini mixture. Spread mustard over pastry shell; add filling.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and crust is golden brown. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Zucchini Quiche
Sort By :
"Surprisingly so good! We were impressed. Followed the recipe to a t and it turned out excellent."
"We love this recipe to use the abundance of zucchini. I have sub mushriooms for zucchini in winter and added thyme,.Question about freezing this. Would you bake ahead or freeze prior to baking? Thanks"
"I LOVE this recipe! I made 2 and froze one. I did reduce mozzarella cheese by half and added parmesan cheese. Also, 2 eggs didnt seem to be enough liquid, so i added abiut 1/4 cup of milk."
"Excellent recipe. My whole family loves it."
"Excellent! Made this tonight exactly as written but doubled everything for two quiches. Everyone loved it! This will be part of our rotation. Will try with different cheeses as well as low fat cheese. Thanks for the recipe!"