Cheesy Zucchini Quiche Recipe
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, dried basil and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini and onion in butter until tender; drain. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, parsley, salt, garlic powder, basil, oregano and pepper. Stir in cheese and zucchini mixture. Spread mustard over pastry shell; add egg mixture.
- Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Or bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and crust is golden brown (cover loosely with foil after 25 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning). Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
- To use frozen quiche: Thaw in the refrigerator. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and crust is golden brown (cover loosely with foil after 35 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning). Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Zucchini Quiche
Sort By :
"Excellent recipe. My whole family loves it."
"Excellent! Made this tonight exactly as written but doubled everything for two quiches. Everyone loved it! This will be part of our rotation. Will try with different cheeses as well as low fat cheese. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Easy to make and everyone loved it!"
"I love this recipe...made it twice and I will be making it for Thanksgiving for all the people who don't eat meat....I froze the zucchini in the summer and that helps to economize this dish.....thanks for sharing..."
"Believe it or not my zucchini plant died so me with no mass of zucchini ... so I used yellow squash. DELICIOUS!! I've made 3xs and always make 2 so I can freeze one."