- 3 packages (16 ounces each) frozen corn
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 slices process American cheese, cut into small pieces
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all the ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Stir well before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Creamed Corn
Sort By :
I make this every year for Thanksgiving. Everyone loves it. I do not cook it in the slow cooker. I actually put everything together except the corn and heat in the microwave until melted then I add the corn and stir well then add back to the microwave to cook the corn. I then put it in the slow cooker to keep warm during the meal. much faster that way. I actually doubled the milk in mine to make it creamer.
Love this! Big hit at family Thanksgiving!
This was easy & delicious! My family liked it too!
not detial enough
I cut the recipe in half since I was only cooking for two. It gave us plenty and enough for leftovers. If you like your cheesy corn sweet, then add the sugar. If not, I wouldn't. I only added about 1/4 of the sugar the actual recipe calls for and it was almost too sweet for my taste. I also added some course ground pepper and substituted cheddar for the American cheese. This is a hearty "set it and forget it" type of side dish. I served it with the Berry Delicious Barbeque Recipe (ToH) and it was the perfect compliment.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Creamed Corn >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >