- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes (1-3/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, brown beef; drain and set aside. In the same saucepan, saute the onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from the heat; blend in sour cream. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Cheeseburger Soup
Sort By :
"Add some crumbled bacon and dice tomatoes that have been drained - absolutely yummy"
"This is one of our favorite soups!! I do a about a 1/4lb more beef though and you can season the meat any way that you like. I use 2% velveeta and add jalapenos on the top of mine. So delicious!!!"
"This is for Phoebew1, why would you write a review never having made the recipe?! So you don't like Velveeta, use something else, doesn't take a rocket scientist."
"Don't skip the Velveeta, it makes this dish. Velveeta has it's place and this is one of them. Food snobs will disagree but it is their lose."
"Have not made this but would not make as written. Velvet a is junk. Can't it be made with real cheese?"