- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups 2% milk, divided
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Crumbled cooked bacon
- In a Dutch oven, bring the first nine ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and mushrooms in butter over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add to soup. Stir in 4 cups milk; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Garnish with bacon. Yield: 14 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Cheeseburger Paradise Soup
Sort By :
"Oh my yummy! This soup is a winner. I did make a few changes. I forgot to buy carrots, so I didn't add that; only added about half the mushrooms (not a huge mushroom fan, and I would chop them really small next time), and used 3 generous cups of sharp cheddar instead of Velveeta (personal preference). The leftovers are just as amazing. I will definitely be making this again, probably with bread bowls next time. Mmmmm!"
"Very good recipe! I made a couple modifications thoughI didn't add any mushrooms,I didn't use any butter since the beef had enough fat,I used a stick blender on the soup before I added the ground beef,I didn't use any flour to thicken the soup as the potatoes thickened it enough.And finally, I added a little pickle juice to the soup.That really added something that was missing."
"Very good! There were no leftovers!"
"Everyone raved about this soup at Deer Camp - men AND women! Very satisfying!"
"This was a good recipe because my family liked it. I guess I didnt care for it too much because it was so thick! It almost has too much cheese in it (is there such a thing?) So I would suggest maybe making it with extra beef broth, or bouillon cubes and water and topping it with cheese. For my personal tastes anyway..."