If you "carrot" all about serving up a good time for your guests, plant this playful appetizer on your party menu. I make this for parties, and it catches everyone's eye.—Pam Goodlet, Washington Island, Wisconsin
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Fresh parsley springs
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and cheddar cheese for 1 minute. Add the carrot, peanuts, onion and dill; mix well.
- On a serving platter, shape mixture into an 8-in. log, tapering one end to form a carrot shape. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until serving.
- Place parsley at wide end for carrot top. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Cheddar Cheese Carrot in Country Woman September/October 2001, p36
Reviews for Cheddar Cheese Carrot
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2012
"i made this for work a few years ago, and people are still asking for the recipe!! very good!!"