- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) taco sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Tortilla or nacho tortilla chips
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream. Spread in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish or on a 12-in. plate. Combine onions, tomatoes and green pepper; sprinkle over the cream cheese layer.
- Pour taco sauce over the vegetables. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon. Serve with tortilla or taco chips. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Cheddar-Bacon Dip
Sort By :
"This dip has become a favorite both at home and the office. This dip trumps taco dip, any day of the week. Co-workers request I prepare this for any and every event that we have. Very easy to make and real bacon is absolutely a must! :-)"
"I made this dip for my husband's birthday party and everyone loved it. Had lots of requests for the recipe. Thanks for sharing."
"Made this for my 4th July party and the pan was scraped clean! Best dip and so easy too. Followed the recipe but used a jar of roasted garlic salsa instead of taco sauce. This will be made many more times, we all loved it! I would have to say that using real bacon in this recipe is a must- no canned bacon bits."
"Easy and very good. Made half recipe to fill a square baking dish. Everyone loved it."
"pmedema..didn't try this one yet but i make the pizza one....i do it in 2 smaller containers...usually keeps for a few days in the fridge...you can also share with a neighbor or family member....lol"