Both children and adults enjoy this dip. I like it, too—it's so quick and easy to prepare. I make it for special occasions…birthdays, Christmas parties and more. —Carol Werkman, Neerlandia, Alberta
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) taco sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Tortilla or nacho tortilla chips
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Spread in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish or on a 12-in. plate. Combine onions, tomatoes and green pepper; sprinkle over the cream cheese layer.
- Pour taco sauce over the vegetables. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon. Serve with chips. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar-Bacon Dip in Country Woman January/February 1997, p33
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Cheddar-Bacon Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review