With their subtle sweetness, these well-seasoned chips are equally delicious as an appetizer or alongside a savory meal. They'll be a welcome change of pace for your family's taste buds. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Coat both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray; sprinkle with seasoning mixture.
- Cut into each tortilla into eight wedges. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine salsa and preserves. Serve with chips. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Caribbean Chips with Apricot Salsa in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p29
Reviews for Caribbean Chips with Apricot Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review