- 1 package (12 ounces) Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 1/2 cup horseradish sauce
- 12 slices deli ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Spread roll bottoms with horseradish sauce. Layer with ham and cheese; replace tops. Arrange in a single layer in a greased 9-in.-square baking pan.
- In a small skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour over rolls. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, covered, 25 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Caramelized Ham & Swiss Buns
Sort By :
"These sandwiches were a hit at our family gathering. The buns ended up a bit soggy though. I will try again."
"Delicious! I love that you can make these ahead and then just pop them in the oven when you're ready. I personally think, between the caramelized onions and the king bread, that adding the brown sugar makes it all too sweet and I will try it without the added sugar next time - perhaps with some sauteed onions and peppers, hmmm...."
"I made these twice over the past year and just love them. So easy to prep ahead. I don't seem to use quite a 1/2 cup of horseradish sauce but they still have a kick. N"
"Took this to two different get-togethers within one week and had a total of nine requests for the recipe. Moist and flavorful. It's so easy to prepare and Just love that it can be fixed one night and baked/served the next."
"Awesome recipe. I took these to a golf potluck and everyone raved about them. Several requests for the recipe."