- 1 package (12 ounces) Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 1/2 cup horseradish sauce
- 12 slices deli ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Spread roll bottoms with horseradish sauce. Layer with ham and cheese; replace tops. Arrange in a single layer in a greased 9-in.-square baking pan.
- In a small skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour over rolls. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, covered, 25 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Caramelized Ham & Swiss Buns
Sort By :
"All I could taste was horseradish. I followed the directions to the letter. I might try again without the horseradish because they smelled so good otherwise and I think they could be without it."
"I have made these several times and each time they turned out great! Everyone just loves them. These will become my go to recipe for any potluck!"
"These buns are absolutely the best, so easy to put together and a carefree oven dish. This would make a great potluck addition or appetizer or even lunch meal. I'll be pulling these out of the oven often."
"These sandwiches were a hit at our family gathering. The buns ended up a bit soggy though. I will try again."
"Delicious! I love that you can make these ahead and then just pop them in the oven when you're ready. I personally think, between the caramelized onions and the king bread, that adding the brown sugar makes it all too sweet and I will try it without the added sugar next time - perhaps with some sauteed onions and peppers, hmmm...."