- 1 package (12 ounces) Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 1/2 cup horseradish sauce
- 12 slices deli ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Spread roll bottoms with horseradish sauce. Layer with ham and cheese; replace tops. Arrange in a single layer in a greased 9-in.-square baking pan.
- In a small skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour over rolls. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, covered, 25 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Caramelized Ham & Swiss Buns
Sort By :
"I made these twice over the past year and just love them. So easy to prep ahead. I don't seem to use quite a 1/2 cup of horseradish sauce but they still have a kick. N"
"Took this to two different get-togethers within one week and had a total of nine requests for the recipe. Moist and flavorful. It's so easy to prepare and Just love that it can be fixed one night and baked/served the next."
"Awesome recipe. I took these to a golf potluck and everyone raved about them. Several requests for the recipe."
"Amazingly easy recipe that tastes like you spent a lot of time on it! I was not sure of the combination of flavors, but they turned out to be surprisingly delicious! Easily adaptable to a wide range of fillings. A definite hit at the dinner table, I'd make them for breakfast as well. A real winner!"
"absolutely delicious!! and you dobt have to chill in the fridge you can assemble and pop in the oven"