- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium red apples, chopped
- 1 cup seedless red grape halves
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage, oranges, apples, grapes and currants; cover and refrigerate. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, lemon juice, sugar and salt; cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, stir dressing and pecans into salad. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cabbage Fruit Salad
"Wow! What a great salad! I did use mandarin oranges instead of fresh, but it was still great! Everyone kept asking for the recipe."
"OOO, This was horrible. I followed the exact recipe. It was horrible, nobody wanted any. However, the recipe titled, 'Compnay Vegetables casserole' went very fast, everyone loved it!"
"I made this for a potluck and it was devoured! Very easy to make."
"This was AWESOME my husband loved it too YUMMMO"
"This salad was delicious. I substituted fresh blueberries for the currents and added 1 tsp. poppy seeds to the dressing. Yummy!"