- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Whipped cream or whipped topping
- In a saucepan, combine the berries, lemon juice and 1/2 cup sugar. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat. Set aside. Place butter in a 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; melt butter in a 350° oven.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar with flour, baking powder, salt, milk and egg. Pour over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon reserved berry mixture over batter. Do not stir.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve at room temperature with whipped cream or whipped topping. Yield: about 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Buttery Blueberry Cobbler
Sort By :
We really enjoyed this blueberry cobbler. My 10 year old niece, who is a picky eater, tried it and exclaimed, "I'm in love!"
I tried this recipe 8/5/14! IDID adjust the recipe as follows: I added 2/3 cup cold water to the blueberries along with the 1 Tbsp. lemon juice and the 1/2 sugar! I used a 12x8" baking pan and I just melted the butter in the oven for about 5 minutes! I'd added 1 tsp. vanilla extract to the batter & I'd used 3/4 cup evaporated milk since I'd had it on hand & soured it with 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar! I ALMOST forgot the egg, but in the nick of time, I was able to beat the egg and just lightly stir into the batter-the next time, I'LL KNOW TO ADD THE EGG along with the milk and sifted dry ingredients which I'd purposely done for easier distribution of the flour, sugar, leavening and salt! This cobbler WAS buttery in its appearance and really looked delicious! I needed to test a blueberry recipe and thanks to this recipe, I was able to add a new recipe to my repertoire! delowenstein
Very tasty, but I also found it to be a little spongy.
I have been scouring the web for an easy, yummy blueberry cobbler recipe; making my 1st one today. This one sounds perfect! And the reviews were all very informative! Will update you this afternoon!
WISH ME LUCK!!
*UPDATE: OH MY WHOLLY BERRY GOODNESS BATMAN!! AMAAAAZING!! I'm giving it 4 stars because I didn't like the "cobbler" part of the dish. I wish I would have used my peach cobbler recipe but I've never made blueberry cobbler before so I wanted something "full proof."
I may have over-mixed the batter before I poured it onto the butter....?? The flavors were all there but it was a little spongy. But the cobbler as a whole was phenomenal! I used fresh blueberries we picked yesterday and when baked into the cobbler they had the PERFECT balance of sweet & tart! Will definitely use this recipe again but will used my peach cobbler topping instead!
I can't seem to post it on Face Book.I'd love to share it.