Bubbly & Golden Mexican Beef Cobbler Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3-1/3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is evaporated. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; layer with salsa, corn and cheese.
- In a large bowl, mix biscuit mix and milk just until blended; drop by tablespoonfuls over cheese (dish will be full). Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Bubbly & Golden Mexican Beef Cobbler(13)
Sort By :
Good - not great.
We likes this, but next time will add black beans and olives to it.
Ok, so 2 out of 4 in this family liked it. The ones that didn't like it said too much biscuit (even after I cut the recipe) which made it dry. I did drain the salsa (it was chunky kind) since I read a lot of reviews that said it was too runny.
My family of 6 loved this recipe. It was a little watery with the salsa added. I ended up draining some out after cooking. I added a can of black beans with the meat. I will probably add even more black beans next time. There was a lot of biscuit, but we really liked it. I won't change that next time.
My family loves this recipe it is always a hit with everyone!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >