Give cherries a golden, crunchy cobbler crust with this versatile mix. "For a quick gift, put a batch of it-along with a can of pie filling and serving directions-in a decorated bag," suggests Joyce Huber of Ste. Genevieve, Missouri.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk blend powder
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each cobbler):
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling or filling of your choice
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 batches (8 cups total).
- To prepare cobbler: Contents of mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup.
- Pour butter into an 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with pie filling. In a bowl, combine 2 cups cobbler mix and water. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls over pie filling; spread gently. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm.