As an Italian-American, I love, love, love garlic, tomatoes and basil, all of which are musts for good bruschetta. This recipe was created in celebration of the first tomatoes to come out of our home garden this year. —Gina Rine, Canfield, Ohio
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Dash garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- In a small bowl, mix tomatoes, spinach, onion, Parmesan cheese, basil, oil, vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and garlic powder.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Sprinkle chicken with salt and remaining pepper; place on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Top each chicken breast with one cheese slice; cover and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Grill tortillas over medium heat 20-30 seconds or until heated through.
- Place chicken on center of each tortilla; top with about 1/4 cup tomato mixture. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling; fold both sides to close. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bruschetta Chicken Wrap in Simple & Delicious April/May 2014
Reviews for Bruschetta Chicken Wrap
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review