- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, flours, baking soda, salt and sugar. In another small bowl, beat the egg, oil and buttermilk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, place pancakes on an ungreased baking sheet, cover with foil and reheat in a preheated 375° oven 5-10 minutes. Or, place a stack of three pancakes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 10 pancakes.
Reviews for Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes
Sort By :
"Delicious! My husband was a skeptic with the oatmeal in the batter but was quickly won over. They are very filling and need only a small bit of syrup."
"Great recipe. I added vanilla to the batter and pulsed the oats a bit in the food processor before adding to the rest of the dry ingredients. I will definitely make these again."
"I run the oats through my magic bullet so it is more of an oat flour."
"Super delicious! The only thing was I found was they burned really quickly. Didn't impact the flavour at all though. Served them with fresh made Strawberry Syrup from this site."
"Delicious! I did swap out the all purpose flour for buckwheat flour and added a handful of pumpkin seeds, but otherwise made them as written. Definitely tasty enough to forgo the syrup, and very filling."