Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, flours, baking soda, salt and sugar. In another small bowl, beat the egg, oil and buttermilk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupful onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: about 10 pancakes.
Reviews for Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes
Sort By :
"Wow these are amazing! Sweet enough on their own that syrup is unnecessary. I like them with applesauce. My 18-month old is a pancake nut and he loved these. This recipe is definitely going in my recipe book!"
"Very Good Flavor and Texture!"
"Excellent, will make again. I doubled the recipe and it made exactly 10 pancakes with 1/3 cup of batter each. These are a hearty, stick-to-your-ribs kind of pancake because of the oatmeal..."
"I served a stack of the for dinner one evening. I added a handful of blueberries to the batter. My husband liked them for his dinner."
"Love this recipe. I place all the dry ingredients in an airtight container with the instructions for preparation taped to the outside of the container. Just add the wet ingredients and you have your own 'prepared' pancake mix. Makes for a quicker preparation when my family comes for weekend visits!"