- 12 slices white bread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Remove and discard crusts from bread; cut bread into cubes. Toss lightly with cream cheese cubes; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, syrup and salt; mix well. Pour over bread mixture. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Breakfast Bread Pudding(8)
Sort By :
We did not like this, too much cream cheese
I have made this many times and it is wonderful. I use half and half instead of milk. I also use the crust but I find Pepperidge Farm White bread works well. I think the reason the other person was saying that it tastes blah is because it did not mention to serve with syrup poured over top like a pancake. Yah, it definitely would be blah if you did not use syrup.
Not too sweet. Complementary to just about everything I serve with it.
Made it for New Years and everyone loved it!
This recipe looks really good and I made it as written but it turned out very heavy and quite flavorless. It tasted a lot like an unseasoned quiche. We threw most of it out. Sorry :(
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Pudding >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- French Toast Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >