Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
I didn't start off as a big fan of bread puddings, but one time I found myself with a large surplus of croissants and decided to get fancy with them. This dark chocolate croissant bread pudding became special to me the minute I tasted it. —Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 40 min.
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 4 croissants, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first 9 ingredients until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Gently stir in croissants; let stand until bread is softened, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake until puffed, golden, and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Serve warm.