Sweet Orange Croissant Pudding
Time-crunched cooks are sure to appreciate the make-ahead convenience of this delightful dish. Feel free to replace the orange marmalade with any jam or jelly that suits your taste.—Mary L. Gabriel, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 4 croissants, split
- 1 cup orange marmalade, divided
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Spread croissant bottoms with 3 tablespoons marmalade; replace tops. Cut each croissant into five slices; place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Whisk together next four ingredients; orange zest, if desired; and extract. Pour over croissants. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Place dish in a larger baking dish. Fill larger dish with 1 in. of boiling water.
- Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Remove pan from water bath; cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Brush remaining marmalade over top. Cut and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 416 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Croissant Pudding in Country Woman Christmas 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.