Sweet Orange Croissant Pudding
Time-crunched cooks are sure to appreciate the make-ahead convenience of this delightful dish. Feel free to replace the orange marmalade with any jam or jelly that suits your taste.—Mary L. Gabriel, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 4 croissants, split
- 1 cup orange marmalade, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Spread croissant bottoms with 3 tablespoons marmalade; replace tops. Cut each croissant into five slices; place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Whisk together next four ingredients; orange zest, if desired; and extract. Pour over croissants. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Place dish in a larger baking dish. Fill larger dish with 1 in. of boiling water.
- Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Remove pan from water bath; cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Brush remaining marmalade over top. Cut and serve warm.