Chocolate Croissant Pudding
This new twist on traditional bread pudding is a decadent and delicious family favorite! —Sonya Labbe, West Hollywood, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 6 day-old croissants, split
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 large eggs
- 12 large egg yolks
- 5 cups half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange croissant bottoms in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; replace croissant tops.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg yolks, cream, sugar, vanilla and, if desired, coffee liqueur; pour over croissants. Let stand until croissants are softened, 15 minutes.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Bake, uncovered, until puffed, golden and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 30-40 minutes longer. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.