Chocolate Croissant Pudding
This new twist on traditional bread pudding is a decadent and delicious family favorite! —Sonya Labbe, West Hollywood, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 6 day-old croissants, split
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 large eggs
- 12 large egg yolks
- 5 cups half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange croissant bottoms in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; replace croissant tops.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg yolks, cream, sugar, vanilla and, if desired, coffee liqueur; pour over croissants. Let stand until croissants are softened, 15 minutes.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Bake, uncovered, until puffed, golden and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 30-40 minutes longer. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 400 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 265mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Croissant Pudding in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.