- 4 individual green or black tea bags
- 9 cups water, divided
- 2 cups brandy
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- EACH SERVING:
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Orange or lemon slice
- Place tea bags in a small bowl. Bring 2 cups water to a boil; pour over tea bags. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Transfer tea to a large pitcher; stir in the brandy, lemonade concentrate, juice concentrate and remaining water. Pour into a 4-qt. freezer container. Freeze overnight or until set.
- For each serving, scoop 3/4 cup slush into a rocks glass. Pour lemon-lime soda into the glass; garnish as desired. Yield: 21 servings (about 4 quarts slush mix).
Reviews for Brandy Slush
Sort By :
"Try it with Blackberry Brandy sometime. It's pretty awesome, too!"
"I make this with rum instead of brandy and use 2 cans of citrus punch instead of the lemonade and orange juice. It is delicious. I keep some in the freezer all summer. Just add 7up or Spite and enjoy!"
"I can't wait for summer to make this- have used peach/ginger tea and it is also yummy- I do leave my tea steep for a while/had better flavor"
"Your recipe doesn't include the sugar. You need to divide the water - steep tea in 2 cups boiling water. The rest is mixed with 2 c. sugar until boiling and dissolved; then allowed to cool. Mix everything together and freeze. You can add more brandy - I use 3 cups; this will keep it a bit slushier & the edges won't get so hard like another reviewer said. Variations should include a sweet & a sour - hence the lemon & orange combo."
"Love this! I have had a bottle of brandy sitting in the cabinet for a while now and was so excited to find this recipe. It was very good, perfect for summer. Sounds gross, but I also added a splash of citrus vodka with the soda and it was good also."