I adapted this comforting dessert from a recipe my mother-in-law gave to me. Hers fed a family with nine growing kids who were never full, so there was never any left. When I make my downsized version, there are never any leftovers either!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place blackberries in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over berries. Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over berries.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Blackberry Crisp in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p31
Reviews for Blackberry Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review