- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place blackberries in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over berries. Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over berries.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Blackberry Crisp
"I have been making this recipe for a few years now and it has become a must have with all of our friends. They practically beg me to make it :) I've used this recipe as well as a base recipe and just mixed or used different fruit altogether! Thanks for sharing!"
"I didn't like the recipe. I cooked it for 10 minutes longer and the crisp did not taste done. It did not have enough sugar or corn starch in it. I wouldn't make it again without totally changing the amount of sugar, flour, cornstarch and time to cook it."
"I didn't have enough blackberries so I added some blueberries as well and it was super yummy. My family wasted no time eating it up."
"I love this recipe. It was the perfect way to use up all of the fresh blueberries I picked with my family.For a more detailed review, I have posted about it on my blog, Healthy Living Revelationshttp://www.healthylivingrevelations.com/2013/08/28/homemade-blueberry-crisp/"
"Absolutely delicious!I did triple the fruit, ( and all that wentwith it, sugar,corn starch, water and lemon juice)And then I quadrupled the oat flour mixture:)I was feeding a crowd!"