Berry Nectarine Buckle Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 pound medium nectarines, peeled, sliced and patted dry or 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Set aside 3/4 cup batter. Fold blueberries into remaining batter.
- Spoon into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange nectarines on top; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Drop reserved batter by teaspoonfuls over nectarines. Sprinkle with raspberries, blackberries and reserved topping.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 20 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berry Nectarine Buckle
Sort By :
Super yummy- omitted raspberry and blackberry as my husband ate them before I made the recipe. Served with cool whip. No one knew it was healthier version.
I have made this several times. Every time someone asks for the recipe. I use peaches in the place of nectarines. Delicious!
This was very easy to make. This was excellent .The company I had over loved and they each wanted the recipe. I'm sure I will be making many more times.
Vollie at a Sr. Cit'z meal prep center (right at 1,000 meals per day) and we do something very close to this.
I have made this since seeing it in my Light & Tasty Mag in 2006 and it is always a hit! Freezes well and is a wonderful flavor treat for the seasonal recipes!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blackberry Recipes >
- Blueberry Cake Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >