These baked potatoes are meals in themselves, with a smoky barbecue flavor that will make your mouth water. You can top them with your favorite cheese and garnish. —Amber Massey, Coppell, Texas
- 4-1/2 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 large red onion, sliced into thick rings
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) honey barbecue sauce
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke, optional
- 10 medium potatoes, baked
- Crumbled blue cheese and chopped green onions, optional
- Place chicken in a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with garlic powder and top with onion. Combine the barbecue sauce, salad dressing, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke if desired; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- When cool enough to handle, remove chicken from bones; discard bones and onion. Skim fat from cooking juices.
- Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with potatoes, blue cheese and green onions if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as BBQ Chicken Baked Potatoes in Taste of Home August/September 2010, p57
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for BBQ Chicken Baked Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review