BBQ Chicken Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 4-1/2 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 large red onion, sliced into thick rings
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) honey barbecue sauce
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke, optional
- 10 medium potatoes, baked
- Crumbled blue cheese and chopped green onions, optional
- Place chicken in a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with garlic powder and top with onion. Combine the barbecue sauce, salad dressing, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke if desired; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- When cool enough to handle, remove chicken from bones; discard bones and onion. Skim fat from cooking juices.
- Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with potatoes, blue cheese and green onions if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for BBQ Chicken Baked Potatoes(11)
Sort By :
Haven't tried this yet but from the other comments it sounds very good. I see others using boneless chicken. I think using boneless is not as good, there is much flavor lost without the bone, especially in slow cooked meats. It may be easier but is it worth it? Also some have changed so much it isn't even the same recipe. I will make exactly like stated the first time.There seems to be a lot of sodium and carbs, but after trying it this way I can always adjust the recipe. Anything in moderation is OK once in a while.
I'm always looking for ways to dress my baked potato that are tasty and don't kill it with too many calories. Personally, I'm not a fan of the liquid smoke and blue cheese, so I leave that out. A little aged gouda or gruyere are a nice alternative to cheddar. I agree that using boneless chicken is much easier, but overall this is an easy and delicious recipe!
This was so yummy! I used boneless chicken (much easier than bone in!) and red wine vinegar instead of the Worcestershire sauce, and skipped the red onion, liquid smoke and scallions. Also subbed shredded cheddar for the blue cheese. It was delicious!!!!
Very yummy BBQ with just the right seasonings & leftovers heat up nicely. Also so easy all my kids can make it!!
My family just raves about this recipe. I used chicken breast instead of with the bone. Absolutely fabulous! Takes absolutely no time at all! This recipe takes all of 5 minutes to combine and another 5 minutes to shred! Thanks Taste of Home for yet another winner!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- BBQ Chicken >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Slow Cooker BBQ >
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >