In Canfield, Ohio, Gina Slaven serves this mouthwatering main dish with corn bread and green beans. "It can easily be tripled for potlucks." Gina notes. Serve the sweet sauce-covered sausage over hot cooked rice if time allows, or cut it into bite-size pieces for an appealing appetizer.
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Barbecue Kielbasa in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p11
Reviews for Barbecue Kielbasa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review