Barbecue Kielbasa Recipe
In Canfield, Ohio, Gina Slaven serves this mouthwatering main dish with corn bread and green beans. "It can easily be tripled for potlucks." Gina notes. Serve the sweet sauce-covered sausage over hot cooked rice if time allows, or cut it into bite-size pieces for an appealing appetizer.
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Barbecue Kielbasa in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p11
Reviews for Barbecue Kielbasa(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- German Appetizers >
- German Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >