- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Barbecue Kielbasa
Sort By :
"It ended up with strong hints of ketchup I couldn't shake, and the flavor was underwhelming. It actually took away from the yummy flavor of my kielbasa, which I fried to get a nice flavorful crmelization. The flavor was a little bland compared to most BBQ sauces. Won't make again."
"Entire family loved it! Easy Peasy!!"
"A solid addition to any weeknight meal plan. This was easy to make and very good. I served it with peas and baked potatoes."
"My husband and I enjoyed this but kids would not eat it. They are so picky. It was really easy to make!"
"My family loves this quick, easy meal. I use the full amount of sugar because my family loves sweet BBQ sauces."