- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Split Rope Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Barbecue Kielbasa
Sort By :
"A solid addition to any weeknight meal plan. This was easy to make and very good. I served it with peas and baked potatoes."
"My husband and I enjoyed this but kids would not eat it. They are so picky. It was really easy to make!"
"My family loves this quick, easy meal. I use the full amount of sugar because my family loves sweet BBQ sauces."
"Excellent meal and something different for a change! Cut the onion back to a minimal amount so my picky eaters would give it a try and used the upper end of the sugar. It worked, they all ate it (and that is very unusual in my house). Served it over rice with green beans on the side. Will make it again!"
"This was so good! I only used 1/3 cup sugar. We will definitely make this again."