Barbecue Italian Sausages
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 uncooked Italian sausage links
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 4 hot dog buns, split
- Grill sausages, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in the ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, cumin, chili powder and liquid smoke if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Place sausages in buns; serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 402 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1362mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 16, 2018
This was a tasty recipe and easy to make. It's a nice alternative to regular sausage and peppers. This is a recipe I would use again.
Aug 23, 2010
Delicious. I love this recipe!