- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine or water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil; coat foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, saute garlic in oil until tender. Stir in vinegar, mustard, wine, honey, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside 2 tablespoons for basting.
- Place fillets on prepared pan. Brush with sauce and sprinkle with oregano. Bake, uncovered, 15-18 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Brush with reserved sauce before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Balsamic-Glazed Salmon
"This recipe was delicious and extremely easy. What a perfect weeknight meal when you're in a hurry!"
"wonderful taste to this glazed salmon!"
"Excellent recipe! I didn't think it would be that amazing but the previous reviews convinced me to try it. It melted in your mouth as you ate it! And the sauce really was awesome :)"