Baked Spinach Dip Loaf Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 unsliced round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- Raw vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise. Stir in the spinach, cheese, water chestnuts, bacon, onion and seasonings.
- Cut a 1-1/2-in. slice off top of the bread; set aside. Carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread and set aside. Fill the shell with spinach dip; replace top. Wrap in heavy-duty foil; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until dip is heated through. Open foil carefully. Serve warm with bread cubes and vegetables. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Baked Spinach Dip Loaf(4)
Sort By :
Awesome!! The only thing I changed was adding a small diced onion since I didn't have any green ones ...really good and it's in my recipe book... thanks for sharing!!
I served this at Sunday Brunch. I took it warm from the oven and wrapped it in a bath towel to keep it warm from the oven to brunch, and it was gone within minutes of being open. I'm even now getting requests for review. I used a hollowed out loaf, that didn't leave a lot of bread for dipping so I brought pita chips which were just as amazingly good, as well as an extra loaf of bread.
I have made this recipie so many time & every one loves it!! When we host parties or go to parties people ask me if I can make it. My siblings who are picky even like it & that is saying a lot ;) It tastes really good if you slightly toast the bread cubes so that they are a light brown. I normaly just use the inside of a circle loaf that I have hollowed & use a bagett & that is enough! This is deffinatly the best!!!
I make this dip when my husbands family comes to visit. Everyone loves it, I usually make it up the night before and put it in the fridge til the next day. Instead of using the sourdough bread I use the round Kings Hawaiian Bread, it taste excellent.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Dip Recipes >
- Hot Dips >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >