- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 2 cups flaked imitation crabmeat
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 round loaves (1 pound each) unsliced sourdough or Italian bread
- Additional sliced green onions, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream; mix well. Fold in crab, cheese and onions. Cut the top third off each loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottoms, leaving 1-in. shells. Cube removed bread and tops; set aside. Spoon crab mixture into bread bowls. Place on baking sheets. Place reserved bread cubes in a single layer around bread bowls.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until the dip is heated through. Garnish with green onions if desired. Serve with toasted bread cubes and crackers. Yield: 5 cups.
Reviews for Baked Crab Dip
Sort By :
"OMG......this crab dip was awesome and very easy to fix, did not add or delete anything. I made it with 2 cups of crabmeat instead of the can crabmeat and everyone just devoured it. This will be one of my special go to appetizers from now on."
"This recipe sounds wonderful. Is it just as good when you use the imitation crab meat?"
"Made this for a party last night and it was a huge hit! So simple to make"
"Loved it, easy to make, easier to eat!"
"Very best crab dip EVER!"