Cheddar cheese and bacon add hearty breakfast flavor to these tasty muffins from Suzanne McKinley of Lyons, Georgia. Calling for just six ingredients, they're quick to stir up and handy to eat on the run.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, oil and egg just until moistened. Fold in cheese and bacon. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Bacon Cheddar Muffins in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p47
Reviews for Bacon Cheddar Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review