- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, oil and egg just until moistened. Fold in cheese and bacon. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews for Bacon Cheddar Muffins
"Great quick and easy breakfast muffin."
"Nothing extraordinary, but still a decent breakfast item. Will continue to make these, especially for rushed mornings."
"Nothing special BUT if you need breakfast on the go, this is a great alternative to grocery store frozen breakfast items. To me not an entertaining item but a good make ahead homemade breakfast."
"I turned these into jumbo size muffins...very good but I think they do need a little something..you mainly taste the bacon...trying again with buttermilk in place of regular milk...will update after"
"cud use some seasoning and it was not as crunchy as i wouldve liked but stilll awsome! perfect breakfast on the go."