MY HERITAGE is Russian, and I have always loved cabbage. My husband didn't like it at all - until I prepared it this way. Since we're diet-conscious these days, I scaled down the cheese and use low-fat milk, but it's still delicious. -Katherine Stallwood, Richland, Washington
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the cabbage, carrot and onions until for 7 minutes or crisp-tender. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, milk, Swiss cheese and seasoned salt. Pour over the vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Au Gratin Cabbage in Reminisce November/December 1999, p49
Reviews for Au Gratin Cabbage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review