- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the cabbage, carrot and onions until for 7 minutes or crisp-tender. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, milk, Swiss cheese and seasoned salt. Pour over the vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Au Gratin Cabbage
"I thought the cabbage taste was overwhelming. If I make this again I would add more seasonings. I didn't use green onion."
"I don't do any green onions because I find them to be a waste of money. The average rating seems to be pretty dead on for this particular recipe. I think if I make this one again, I will double the egg and milk portion, and stir it together before I pour it into the casserole dish. This is a great side for just two. I will also take the suggestion of adding a little cabbage. The only shredded cabbage I could get my hands on was purple. In the future just based on the look of the dish when you scoop it out, I don't think I'll use purple cabbage. While it tastes good, its kinda unappealing looking."
"I loved this. I added a little garlic into it. Every one like it."
"This dish was very disappointing. It was bland and uninteresting. My family all agreed that this one was not a keeper. Like many of the recipes on this site, the star rating does not agree with the individual ratings. It is quite misleading."
"Great side dish. I was looking for something to use up the rest of a cabbage that I had and this recipe was a great find"