This flavorful stir-fry is easy and relatively inexpensive. It's served over ramen noodles, which is a nice change from rice we usually have. To simplify preparation, I use store-bought garlic infused olive oil instead of minced garlic and olive oil.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2-1/4 cups water, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) beef ramen noodles
- 2/3 cup hoisin sauce
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add the asparagus and garlic; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon seasoning from one ramen noodle seasoning packet; stir until dissolved. Add hoisin sauce; stir into the beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. (Discard remaining seasoning from opened packet.)
- In a large saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil; add ramen noodles and contents of remaining seasoning packet. Cook for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until noodles are tender. Serve with beef mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Beef Lo Mein in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p37
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Asparagus Beef Lo Mein
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review