Asparagus Beef Lo Mein Recipe
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2-1/4 cups water, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) beef ramen noodles
- 2/3 cup hoisin sauce
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add the asparagus and garlic; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon seasoning from one ramen noodle seasoning packet; stir until dissolved. Add hoisin sauce; stir into the beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. (Discard remaining seasoning from opened packet.)
- In a large saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil; add ramen noodles and contents of remaining seasoning packet. Cook for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until noodles are tender. Serve with beef mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Asparagus Beef Lo Mein
Sort By :
quick and easy, will make again
This was an awesome dish hubby and kids loved it will definitely make again...but
It's not hard to understand ladies use 1/2 tsp of one packet then throw away....THEN...use the other packet for the rest of the recipe just read it carefully
My husband really likes this dish. I make it with brocolli and it turns out really good.
I really liked this dish and will definitely make again. I served it with egg rolls.
Whenever I fix Ramen soup, I only use about half of the seasoning packet because it's so full of salt. Try it, it's just fine without the whole packet.