Artichoke Heart Salad Recipe
I put together this fast five-ingredient salad after sampling a similar mixture from a salad bar. Bottled Italian dressing gives robust flavor to this simple treatment for canned artichoke hearts. It is a snap to make as a last-minute side dish. -Elizabeth Birkenmaier, Gladstone, Missouri
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a bowl, combine artichokes, olives if desired, green pepper and onions. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Heart Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p31
Reviews for Artichoke Heart Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2011
"Very flavorful and a nice change from a green salad."