On rainy days when we need comfort food in a hurry, I toast sandwiches of cinnamon raisin bread with white cheddar, apple and red onion. They also taste great made with olive oil and vegan cheese! —Kathy Patalsky, New York, New York
- 4 slices whole wheat cinnamon-raisin bread
- 4 slices sharp white cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- 1 small apple, thinly sliced
- 1 thin slice red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Layer each of two bread slices with one slice cheese and half of the apple and onion. If desired, sprinkle with pepper flakes. Top with the remaining cheese and bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium-low heat 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple-White Cheddar Grilled Cheese in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016
Reviews for Apple-White Cheddar Grilled Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review