- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups All-Bran
- 2 cups shredded peeled tart apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the milk, eggs, brown sugar, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Walnut Bran Muffins
Sort By :
"These are good. The bran makes them more dense than regular muffin recipes. I don't like muffins that are sweet like cupcakes but these are not sweet at all. I would use a whole cup of brown sugar next time or maybe put a brown sugar glaze on them."
"I got 30 regular size muffins out of this recipe. Very tasty and easy to make. I added the cereal to the wet ingredients while I shredded the apples, turned out great."
"Try Rum flavoring instead of Vanilla. Very good."
"These are really good made with Fiber One too, also Raisin Bran!"
"Very, very good! I soaked 3 cups of Raisin Bran cereal in the combined wet ingredients for a few minutes before adding the remaining dry ingredients. Extra raisin-y ... Extra yummy!"