Zucchini Patties with Dill Dip
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
Makes2 dozen (3/4 cup dip)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- For dip, in a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Place zucchini in a colander to drain; squeeze to remove excess liquid. Pat dry; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, seafood seasoning and garlic powder. Stir in egg and butter until blended. Add the carrot, onion and zucchini.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Shape zucchini mixture into 24 small patties; coat with flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet; fry patties, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. Serve with dip.
Nutrition Facts1 1 patty with 1-1/2 teaspoons dip: 93 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 22, 2019
Very good!! I made a white sauce and added a lot of diced chives. Served it hot over the patties with mashed potatoes and German green beans. Wow!
Apr 14, 2016
I agree, you have to really strain out the liquid in the zucchini first. My kids who hate zucchini LOVED these. These are really easy to play with ingredients-add a little parmesan or a little more garlic, its up to you!. I love the idea of baking on a cookie sheet with olive oil, too. I tried both methods (i have made these twice now) and both turn out really well. Sour cream dip goes so well with it.
Feb 24, 2016
May 26, 2015
Messy to make, but oh, so good. I have tried scooping and patting out portions on a cookie sheet, then partially pre-baking them before frying them. That way they are easier and less messy to form.
Aug 30, 2014
Delicious! I grated my carrot with the zucchini. I made one in the frying pan before making all of them so I could taste if it needed a little more seasoning or not. Not sure what one of the reviewers is talking about with them falling apart, they obviously didn't let the zucchini drain or they dont know how to cook. Squeeze out all the water next time.
Jul 10, 2014
These were delicious. I too only ended up with 18. Even my 4 year old liked them. Yummers!
Dec 23, 2013
Absolutely fantastic! I followed the recipe as directed, but only wound up with 15 patties. Guess I made them too big, but no one was complaining. :) The dill dip is the perfect accompaniment.
Oct 31, 2013
I make these at least once a summer. The dill dip is the perfect accompaniment.
Jun 11, 2013
This recipe was terrible! I made it exactly as directed but the patties would not hold together, so I had to add more bread crumbs and egg. They tasted like fried bread crumbs in the end.
Aug 27, 2012
We had these at our annual knitting retreat; all 13 people there requested the recipe. It is fantabulous.