Skinny Quinoa Veggie Dip
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2/3 cups water, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 5 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup sour cream, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup peeled, seeded and finely chopped cucumber
- 3/4 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- Cucumber slices
- Pulse beans, cumin, paprika, cayenne and 1/3 cup water in food processor until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small saucepan, cook quinoa with remaining 1-1/3 cups water according to package directions. Fluff with fork; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons lime juice. Set aside. Meanwhile, mash together avocados, 2 tablespoons sour cream, cilantro and remaining lime juice.
- In a 2-1/2-qt. dish, layer bean mixture, quinoa, avocado mixture, remaining sour cream, tomatoes, chopped cucumber, zucchini and onion. Serve immediately with cucumber slices for dipping, or refrigerate.
Editor's NoteLook for quinoa in the cereal, rice or organic food aisle.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without cucumber slices): 65 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jul 7, 2019
I used celery sticks to dip. It was good. My hubby did get out some tortilla chips, but it was satisfying with veggies.
Jul 2, 2019
Thanks! It's very helpful. I stress on the point that when on a new diet, a daily plan is very important Without it it’s too easy to fall for peer pressure, to be unprepared and to make bad decisions. I was one among those people who had knowledge about what to eat and what not to, but didn't have a daily plan to carry me through that critical first month until I came across something called as 28-Day Keto challenge. It's more than a plan, a challenge which guided me every step of my way. Their guidance helped me a lot and now I feel a sense of accomplishment. I notice my skin and hair improve and even can sleep better now. I lost a lot of weight too and I now have that energy which I haven't felt in years. I very strongly recommend you this. Visit https://bit.ly/2X8zIgv
Sep 8, 2016
Terrible recipe, its more like a salad than a dip. This looks very deceiving from the photo.