Zucchini Hamburger Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Pastry for double-crust deep-dish pie (9 to 10 inches)
- 4 cups sliced zucchini, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion, salt and garlic salt over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the green pepper, oregano, parsley, bread crumbs, cheese and egg; mix well. Set aside.
- Place bottom pastry in pie plate; layer 2 cups of zucchini in crust. Cover with beef mixture. Top with tomato slices and remaining zucchini. Place top pastry over zucchini. Cut a few slits in top.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until crust is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 353 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 745mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 9, 2013
I made this last night for my husband and I, my garden is overflowing with zucchini. Green peppers do not agree with me so a substituted celery. I used 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of 6 Italian blend cheese and sprinkled a little cheese on top of the 1st layer of zucchini. I wish I would have done an egg white wash and prebaked the crust though, the bottom crust got mushy from the zucchini. I did however put an egg white wash on the top, sprinkle with garlic powder and parmesan cheese before baking. It was soooo good!
Aug 25, 2010
What a lovely tasting dish. I even used the store bought crust. It was easy to make and the taste is yummy. Thanks for sharing