Zippy Egg Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 package (5-1/2 ounces) seasoned salad croutons
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place the croutons in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses and sausage.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over the casserole. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Apr 5, 2012
I've made this 2-3 times now and plan to make it again for Easter Sunday morning brunch. My family and I love this! I would definitely give it 5 stars! Note, however, that I did need to bake it longer (could be my oven - not sure). This is a winner!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.