Zippy Bean Stew
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, tomatoes, broth, corn and green chilies. Stir in the water, carrots, onion, garlic and chili powder. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender and flavors are blended.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 208 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 816mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 10g fiber), 11g protein.
Oct 20, 2017
it was ok but probably won't make again
Feb 14, 2013
Great flavor. I chopped up some cooked chicken breast and added that. This recipe is a keeper for sure.
Feb 3, 2008
One of my favorite winter recipes. I add sausage or ground turkey to make it a little more hearty and serve it over brown rice.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.