- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 to 14 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the marinara sauce, tomato, Italian salad dressing, Italian seasoning and garlic; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve chicken and sauce with pasta; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forZesty Chicken Marinara
"Solid crock pot recipe, reminiscent of chicken parmasan."
"I made this for my friends & they loved it! I didn't use a slow cooker though. I doubled the recipe & stuffed the chicken breasts with mozzarella cheeze, breaded & baked them. I can't believe how easy it was. I also made the sauce with ground beef, green peppers & onions for spaghetti. that was also fantastic!"
"Delicious and simple"
"My whole fam loved this--I added fresh mushrooms a little more than half way through and used 1/2 can italian tomatoes in place of a fresh one. Would definitely make again--"
"Delicious! This goes together quickly and is very tasty."
"I thought this was pretty good-- it was certainly easy to make-- but what makes this a fabulous recipe in MY book, is that my finicky son loved it, and even happily ate leftovers the next day!"
"This is a delicious reciipe, made a fullrecipe going to freeze some for later, whenI dont want to cook. thank you. cant readthe two square under this so dont know what you want to know, but I like this one. Even my two year old nephew like it. Glad to try a new recipe and it turnedout delicious. thanks again fr"