- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place wild rice in a large bowl and cover with boiling water; soak for 1 hour. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the mushroom mixture, wild rice, long grain rice, almonds, broth, cream, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 75 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forWild Rice Mushroom Bake
"Our five grand kids loved this dish as much as we did. Can't wait to make it again. Think I'll chop up a little celery next time and give that a try."
"I was totally surprised by my husband's reaction to this dish. I was expecting him to hate it, but he liked it well enough he went back for more! It makes a large portion which is nice too. I will definitely be making this one again."
"I have made this 2 yrs in a row for Thanksgiving my family loves it is now a tradition, looks like I will be bringing tis every year."