- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 cups cooked wild rice, divided
- 6 cups chopped cooked broccoli (about 1 large bunch)
- 5 cups chopped cooked cauliflower (about 1 small head)
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a saucepan, saute the onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup cheese until smooth. Place 2 cups wild rice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with broccoli and cauliflower. Place remaining wild rice lengthwise down the center of dish. Pour the sauce over all. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with bacon. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forWild Rice Floret Bake
"I used 2% milk, non fat sour cream, 2% milk cheddar cheese and non fat bacon bits. It was very good."