VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup cold milk
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg yolks and milk; stir into flour mixture until blended. With lightly floured hands, press dough onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 12-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Line unpricked shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with pie weights. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the sugar, cream, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts. Remove foil from pastry shell; pour filling into pastry. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Toffee Tart in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p45
Reviews forWalnut Toffee Tart
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2013
"This is absolutely delicious! Very rich. I make this at our bake sales for church. People are always asking for the recipe. Thank you for sharing."