Wagon Wheel Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta or elbow macaroni
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, beans, cheese, tomatoes, peppers and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, picante sauce, salt and cumin; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 207 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 23, 2020
We loved this easy, kid-friendly pasta salad. I used a pound of wagon wheel pasta so increased quantities appropriately. The only change I made was to omit the kidney beans, since we're not a fan of them in salads. The picante sauce and cumin added an unexpected level of flavor, which everyone enjoyed and we loved the "bite" of the wagon wheel pasta. I'll definitely make this pasta salad again!
Mar 4, 2020
This dish is amazing! I did nothing different and everyone loves it. Thankyou for providing us with delicious ideas that are so easy to prepare!