Wagon Wheel Pasta Salad
Summertime gatherings aren't complete without a refreshing pasta salad. This tasty version features a mayonnaise and picante dressing. It may become one of your favorite side dishes for tacos, too! —Kathryn Donahey, Oil City, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta or elbow macaroni
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, beans, cheese, tomatoes, peppers and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, picante sauce, salt and cumin; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 207 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Wagon Wheel Pasta Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003