Waffle-Iron Acorn Squash
I love to get the kids involved in cooking, and this squash is so simple even a small child can cook it with minimal adult supervision. The recipe is fun, fast and no-fuss, and doesn't use valuable oven space before big family meals. —Donna Kelly, Orem, Utah
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 5 min./batch
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small acorn squash
- Preheat a greased waffle maker. Mix syrup, chipotle pepper and salt.
- Cut squash crosswise into 1/2-in.-thick slices. Using round cookie cutters, cut out centers to remove squash strings and seeds. If necessary, halve slices to fit waffle maker.
- Bake slices in waffle maker just until tender and lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Serve with syrup mixture.
Test Kitchen Tips