VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small acorn squash
- Preheat a greased waffle maker. Mix syrup, chipotle pepper and salt.
- Cut squash crosswise into 1/2-in.-thick slices. Using round cookie cutters, cut out centers to remove squash strings and seeds. If necessary, halve slices to fit waffle maker.
- Bake slices in waffle maker just until tender and lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Serve with syrup mixture. Yield: 4 servings
Originally published as Waffle Iron Acorn Squash in Simple & Delicious October/November 2017