Vegetable Scrambled Egg Substitute
These scrambled eggs are packed with a variety of veggies, giving you an instant healthy start to your day.—Marilyn Ipson, Rogers, Arkansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small tomato, chopped and seeded
- In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute, green pepper, onions, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are nearly set. Add tomato; cook and stir until completely set.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 90 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 563mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Vegetable Scrambled Eggs in Comfort Food Diet 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.